







I know its been a while since I have blogged but I've been a little busy. :) I'm going to start now and hope to go back and fill in the last year a little at a time. So bear with me if the last year is not in order.
Yesterday Michael was able to get off and it was a gorgeous day. We decide to take a last minute trip to Old Salem in Winston Salem. It was just beautiful with the trees starting to turn. The Moravians (German immigrants) established this city in 1772. We were able to learn how to read a sundial, pump water out of a well, and see how they made pewter spoons. We were able to see a 300 year old organ. Our favorite part was seeing old letters from a printing press. They had the old machine they used to print pages of a newspaper. It was great for the kids to see how the letters Mikes dad gave us for our names was put together to make a newspaper. I cant wait to go back and spend more time.
We were even able to snap a picture of the kids in their hats my Grandma Darlene made for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment