Saturday, October 10, 2009

Historic Brattonsville




















We had a great time at Historic Brattonsville today. The girls played with toys from the late 1700s. L plucked chicken feathers to prepare the chicken to be cooked. H was utterly disgusted by this and stayed far away. She said " Those are my animal friends". I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a veterinarian. They had a wheelchair from the early 1800s on display. H really enjoyed seeing all the doctor equipment. They were able to help prepare pumpkin soup and paint with watercolor. This was one accomplishment learned at the academy on site. We had a great time and cant wait to go back.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

That looked like so much fun! We will have to check their website for their Christmas schedule. N. is so cute!

JAR said...

I agree, looks like tons of fun! I'm so glad your grandparents got to come. Such a blessing! I miss you guys so much, but I am so grateful to see pictures as the kids grow!